Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 is the latest SharePoint on-premise version as on date. There are various installation scenarios, you must have sufficient hard disk space for the base installation and sufficient space for diagnostics such as logging, debugging, creating memory dumps, and so on. In this blog post, you will find details about SharePoint Server 2019 – hardware and software requirements for a development environment.
SharePoint Server 2019
Regarding SharePoint Server 2019, there are below hardware and software requirements for development environment.
Min Role as Single server role that uses SQL Server
Development or evaluation installation of SharePoint Server 2019 with the minimum recommended services for development environments.
- RAM: 24 GB
- Processor: 64-bit, 4 cores
- Hard disk space: 80 GB for system drive, 100 GB for second drive
- Windows Server 2019 Standard or Datacenter
- SQL Server 2019
- Visual Studio 2019 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft Azure SQL Managed Instance (MI). This is only supported if your SharePoint Server farm is hosted in Microsoft Azure.
SharePoint Products Preparation Tool (Note: These will be installed at the time of SharePoint installation)
- Web Server (IIS) role
- Windows Process Activation Service feature
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.7.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 Native Client
- Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.6
- Microsoft Identity Extensions
- Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client 2.1 (MSIPC)
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server AppFabric 1.1
- Cumulative Update Package 7 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB 3092423)
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2012
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Obviously Internet availability on SharePoint Server
Hope you enjoyed reading it.
Please don't forget to Share, Follow and Like to get updated with latest posts.
It gives me motivation to share more knowledge with you.
Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft certified, motivated, energetic and accomplished Project Manager / Architect with 15+ years of work experience in Management, Architecture, Analytics, Development and Maintenance. I have been fortunate to be a part of over 25+ .Net / SharePoint projects delivery with various companies across different industry sectors. This has provided me a valuable insight and experience especially in successful implementation of SharePoint based solutions.
My experience in Web application implementation includes technology strategy and road-map definition, business and technical requirements identification, governance, platform architecture, solution design, configuration, development, quality assurance, training, post-production support, team lead and overall project delivery along with project management.
Satyendra Mishra holds a B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering and PG Diploma in Advance Computing from Center for Development and Advance Computing, Pune, India. He is also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
I love to share Project Management Tips and Tricks by writing Blogs in the Project Management India Community. I have written around 300+ articles in the Project Management, .Net, SharePoint and related client side technologies.